Corporate Outreach Associate
Terms of Employment: Full time, non-exempt, at-will
Reports to: International Director of Corporate Outreach
Position Location: Los Angeles
To support the International Director of Corporate Outreach with administrative and other tasks in support of the corporate outreach department’s mission: to encourage the world’s largest food businesses to adopt important animal protection policies and meaningfully reduce the suffering of millions of farmed animals.
Please note that this is not an education, outreach, or campaigns position. We are seeking someone willing and eager to provide administrative support, and while opportunities for professional development and learning various facets of the work will be provided, there is limited short-term mobility with this role.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings on behalf of the International Director of Corporate Outreach and manage multiple calendars
- Manage all travel logistics for International Director of Corporate Outreach including booking flights and accommodations
- Manage all department reporting, including organizing notes, drafting updates, filling in forms, compiling metrics, and maintaining other data
- Attend meetings and record notes on behalf of the International Director of Corporate Outreach
- Manage receipts and expense reporting on behalf of the International Director of Corporate Outreach, update budgets as required
- Organize and maintain a logical electronic filing system in Google Drive
- Engage in correspondence on behalf of the International Director of Corporate Outreach and support with communication of the team
- Support with the development of training materials and other resources for the team
- Support with the development of written reports and presentations to be delivered by the International Director of Corporate Outreach
- Research and reply to general information requests from the International Director of Corporate Outreach with speed and accuracy
- Support the International Director of Corporate Outreach with technical advice as needed
- Provide general office support
- Perform any other duties assigned by the International Director of Corporate Outreach
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Experience in nonprofit management, administration, business, marketing, communications, political or issue organizing, organizational behavior, or a related field
- Superior interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Initiative, resourcefulness, adaptability, and an unbeatable work ethic (willingness to work additional and sometimes untraditional hours as needed to meet tight deadlines)
- Exceptional level of organization, efficiency, and ability to multitask
- Comfort managing simultaneous projects, working within time constraints, and meeting (sometimes competing) deadlines without sacrificing accuracy
- Ability to anticipate a project’s needs and the needs and questions of the International Director of Corporate Outreach
- Ability to self-start and work well in a team-driven environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and a high degree of professional ethics
- Thorough knowledge of farmed animal issues
- Professional appearance and adherence to a vegan lifestyle
- Commitment to the objectives of the organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Word, Excel, and PPT), Google Suite (particularly Docs, Sheets, and Slides), and Mac Keynote
- Experience with or comfort learning new technological platforms such as Zoom, Asana, and Slack
Salary and Benefits
Salary based on experience. Animal Equality offers an excellent benefits package. Casual, companion animal friendly office environment.
How to Apply:
Applicants should email a cover letter stating why you want to work for Animal Equality, resume, and salary requirements.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Animal Equality is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age.
Please Note: We are only able to consider applicants who possess United States work authorization.