Terms of Employment: Exempt, At-Will
Reports to: Manager and Director of Investigations
Position Location: Remote
Animal Equality is an international farmed animal advocacy organization dedicated to defending animals through public education, campaigns, and investigations. Animal Equality has offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, Spain, Mexico, Brazil, and India.
Carry out investigations that support Animal Equality’s strategic plan of advancing farmed animal welfare globally, documenting the conditions of animals raised for food, and providing the organization with compelling evidence for use in legal advocacy, public education, and corporate campaigns.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Conduct investigations into the conditions of farmed animals as assigned by Investigations Department management, following all organizational protocols to maintain high evidentiary standards ensuring timely and high-quality results
- Provide input on opportunities related to animal cruelty investigations
- Conduct online research and develop profiles of possible investigative targets
- Gather information related to corporate misconduct, and environmental and animal welfare violations as necessary
- Review footage and produce daily investigative logs while conducting field investigations
- Cooperate with attorneys, prosecutors, law enforcement and federal and state agencies
- Testify at hearings and court proceedings, as needed
- Manage allotted budget while traveling and provide weekly accounting records of all expenditures according to department protocols
- Maintain sensitive electronic equipment in good operating condition while traveling and working in harsh conditions
- Preserve confidentiality regarding all sensitive investigations matters
- Timely submission of all investigative materials
- Verbally/electronically update Director of Investigations regarding case activity on a daily basis
- Ability to meet investigations expectations while performing all required duties of secondary employer in a professional manner
- Strict adherence to all federal, state, and local laws
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Ability to work independently while socially isolated and in harsh conditions
- Comfortable working menial jobs for long hours in an agricultural setting while exposed to; dead and dying animals, blood, feces, poor air quality and extreme noise levels
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience with animals farmed for food preferred
- Must be able to work flexible hours and days including weekends
- Excellent report writing skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in fast changing environment
- Extensive travel for long periods of time
- Sincere commitment to work in support of the organization’s programs, goals and objectives
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance when representing Animal Equality during work-related interactions
- Adherence to a vegan lifestyle
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Strong working knowledge of animal rights and agricultural issues
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary based on experience.
- Animal Equality offers an excellent benefits package.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Animal Equality is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.